Paul Roberts is an author, specialising in the zombie horror genre. His passions are reading books, watching movies and playing video games.
He is keen to write about new ideas and give a fresh take on the world of zombies. Paul has been writing since a young age, but in the last five years it has changed from a hobby to a career choice. His most recent novel, Chromozone – Flesh and Blood, has received great feedback from his readers and he is currently working on the second book. When Paul is not chained to a desk writing, he likes to get out into nature and find inspiration for his stories.
Q & A with the author
1) Describe yourself using three words?
Curious, perfectionist and a dreamer.
2) What inspired you to write your first novel?
I get inspired by both movies and dreams that I have. I’m a very lucid dreamer and I put various aspects of my dreams into my stories.
3) What time of day do you like to write?
I try to write at any time of the day, but I feel my imagination is more active at night. Annoyingly I get the best ideas when I am in bed!
4) What is your favourite book and why?
There are too many good books to be able to just pick one. I do enjoy reading Max Brooks: How to survive a Zombie Apocalypse and World War Z.
5) How did you pick the title of your book?
It was a bit of a play on words, I can’t give too much away because it can spoil the story. My subtitle has two meanings and I like that because it allows the reader to interpret it any way they want.
6) Are the characters in your book based on real people?
No, they are all completely fictional. Although I take certain traits and personalities from real people and add them to my characters.
7) What's your favourite word?
Dream. I’ve always been fascinated with dreams from a young age, wondering why and how we get them.
8) If you were a colour what would it be?
Neon blue with a hint of purple. It’s a feel-good colour, but it also it has a sense of calmness to it.
9) Do you plan your story beforehand or go with the flow?
I would say a bit of both. I start off with a very basic idea of what I want and then as time goes on I flesh it out more and think of new ideas.
10) Who is your favourite Author?
J. R. R. Tolkien. I think he has such a vivid imagination and it really comes through in his books. I love how he can create a whole new world to transport you to and lose yourself.
11) If you could give any literary villain a happy ending who would you chose?
Lord Voldermort. I could see him hanging up his wand and becoming a champion quidditch player.
12) Are you working on a new project?
Yes, currently working on the sequel to Chromozone Flesh and Blood. Hoping to release it later this year.
13) Do you have any upcoming events our members can attend?
No books are in the works, but at the moment I am dedicated to creating more horror bears! creepy!